Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Going Back to Christmas

Christmas, round 5, was spent with Ross' family. The whole family was together from the Stockers from California to the Hortons from Florida. The Hortons came into town to surprise Ross' parents. We don't get to see them very often so it was a nice surprise. The kids had a great time and of course got a ton of stuff. I think Grandma Johnson just can't help herself. While they were here Ross and I went to a New Year's eve party and Shelby stayed with Grandma and Grandpa at Uncle Travis' and Aunt Sarah's house. It was nice to get out and even nicer to sleep in. We were told that Shelby was a good girl!

The same weekend Ross' aunt Sherry, cousin Katie, and myself threw Kelsey a baby shower. Our niece, Callie Dianne Stocker, is due in early April. After the festivities and everyone heading home in 4 different directions I thought I would be getting some rest!! It had all been a blur since Thanksgiving! Ross and Shelby had another round of colds after everyone left. I still have not gotten my rest.....

Real Estate has been keeping me super busy. I have been doing mini appraisals for banks. Most of them are on properties that are about to be foreclosed on. I have to take a picture of the front of the property. Shelby, obviously comes along, as I don't even have to get out of the car to take the picture and the rest I do from my computer. I do this while Shelby takes her nap and after she goes to bed. I thought maybe I would get to do one every once and awhile....I was wrong. Last week alone I did seven. At least one of these I will be listing once it is foreclosed and the present owners move out. It feels pretty nice to be contributing financially to the family once again.

As for Ross, he just got back from hunting with his family. Since we were out of venison Ross shot a doe and made a gourmet venison dinner for us last night. If I have not told you all already, Ross is an excellent cook!!! Ross is still busy building houses and amid all the builders laying off and going out of business he is still hanging in there. He is still waiting on his day to be a stay at home dad.

And little Shelby is growing smarter and funnier by the day. She obviously gets her goofiness from her daddy. She is really into kicking up her leg right now. She stands in front of my dressing mirror and does it. She was sitting on the stairs today and kicked her leg up and kicked herself in the head. To be so flexible.... She has grown quite attached to her stuffed kitty, whose name is "kitty kitty". She sleeps with it. Ross told us when she opened it at grandma's that it was a snow leopard and ironically we turned on the discovery channel last night to a show about snow leopards. I now can confirm that Kitty Kitty is in fact a snow leopard.

I am uploading some pictures but I still need to get some from aunt Kristen from all the Christmas celebrations.

Shelby opening Kitty Kitty with Aunt Kristen.

Playing with Kitty Kitty.


Shelby checking out all the animals on Noah's ark.


Shelby showing off her unwrapping skills.



Shelby getting on her new tricycle that looks like a little bike with training wheels.

Speed mama!!!




Aunt Kristen and Shelby on the carousel inside Katy Mills Mall. Shelby LOVED it and did not want to get off.

Shelby checking herself out in her first hoodie. She loves this mirror and is quite vain. She can stare, talk, and dance with herself for a long time.

Yup, I look goooood.

Ah, busted....I didn't know you were back there.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

She is too cute with her hoodie, and I always love your commentary!