Thursday, October 4, 2007

A funny story and a trip out of the house!

Well I will start with the funny story. The other night Shelby was laying on her changing pad on the floor. This has proven to be her favorite spot to lay and take naps. Mommy and daddy were actually eating dinner at the same time when Shelby screamed out like something had her. I went over to see what was wrong and she had a fist full of her own hair and was pulling. It was very hard to pry her hand open and save her from herself.


Here is a picture of Shelby laying on her changing pad on the floor. She has a severe case of baby acne. There is nothing we can do for the acne, it has to go away on its own. Luckily, it does not bother her.



Shelby is laying on Grandpa Leyendecker's lap waiting for grandma and mommy to give her a bath. She seems to enjoy taking baths.


I finally felt good enough to get out of the house with Shelby on my own. Shelby slept from 11:30 to 3:15 and then 6:45 to 9:45, so I got some sleep. Grandma helped us get out of the house and then we were on our own. We went a whole 4 blocks to Walgreens and then across the street for mommy to get her eyebrows waxed. Midway thru waxing Shelby started to fuss. Mommy had to take her out of her carrier and let her lay on my chest until the lady finished. Needless to say one of my eyebrows looks a little odd! After we finished, Shelby went to sleep in the truck in her carrier, so we went to Grandpa's office and did some work. Shelby slept the whole time and we came home.


Are those toes or fingers?

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad y'all were able to get out of the house. It gets easier with each trip that you make. I HATE the stage where they get baby acne. They look so pitiful and there is nothing you can do to make it go away.

Anonymous said...

Lol, maybe she was mad with the way Daddy fixed her hair or something and just couldn't take it anymore!! :)

Ashley N.

Anonymous said...

Ashley,

Don't be jealous of Shelby. I can do your hair for a small fee.

Kelsey said...

Okay, I'm trying to be patient, but it has been over a week since the last blog...not working for Aunt Kelsey. Ross gave ME a hard time and I don't have much to blog about! Get crackin!

Emily said...

Marty has the same finger toes as shelby:)