Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Hahn Christmas

We had our first round of Christmas this weekend in Port Lavaca. As usual this included lots of family, FOOD and fun! Shelby did quite well in the car and did not fuss at all. She even slept the whole way home on Sunday....she was worn out and not the only one. Shelby got to meet PAK (Psycho Aunt Kelsey) and twenty or so other people that she had never met before. Just like at Thanksgiving she had a little meltdown as soon as we got to Ross' grandparent's house. We've decided that she freaks out with lots of new faces and being passed around...by the end of the weekend she was much better. It could be interesting at the Johnson Christmas as there will be even more people!

This weekend we also decided that she is very aware of who Ross and I are and she calms down when we take her. It is a great feeling to be needed by your child. Shelby did her best to charm everyone....she fell asleep in grandpa Johnson's arms, had a "conversation" with uncle David, and a few of the family members had the pleasure of being spit up on....Shelby is really sorry!!! And thanks to Uncle Dale, Aunt Linda, and girls for letting us crash at your house. Shelby and I slept until 9:30 on Sunday so we were obviously quite comfortable. Also, thanks to Uncle David, Aunt Cissy, and family for letting us stay so many times in the past. We are trying to rotate amongst the invites since I know you all enjoy hearing Ross snore SO much. Shelby enjoyed Port Lavaca and being loved on by everyone but she was very aware of when we got home. She was happy to see her favorite ceiling fan (whom she talks to often) and was EXTREMELY smiley and talkative all evening. I think she is a homebody like her mama.

I have been fighting a little bug for the last couple of days and I am praying it is over with before it really gets started. Christmas stresses me out every year and I end up getting sick.

Shelby wants to say Happy Birthday to her Aunt Kristen who turned 21 on Saturday. Shelby is quite talkative with her Aunt Kristen. Their "conversations" usually consists of something like... how are we going to drive your mom crazy when you get older?? It bothers me that Shelby finds this amusing!

Ross tells me all the time that I ramble too much on here and I need to get to the point....oh well...I will leave you with some pictures that Ross took this weekend.




Shelby's cousin Tyler enjoyed walking in these cowboy boots.

Bless his heart!

Ross' Aunt Linda and cousin Emily. Shelby is telling her Papa-razzi I told you no more pictures.

Here is a lovely shot of Ross' cousin Kevin. You might think that there was something in Kevin's eggnog. No, this is what happens when Ross and Kevin get together.

Ross' cousins Amanda and Kayla. At the moment they are probably not claiming Kevin as their brother.

Grandma Johnson is loving the kisses that she is receiving from Shelby's cousin Cooper (7 weeks older) and next to Grandma is the infamous PAK. Shelby loved her time with all three.

3 comments:

Kelsey said...

Wow, PAK is looking good these days. I hope she saves some kisses to give me for Christmas. j/k. I can't wait to see Shelby and the rest of the gang.

Kelsey said...

I like your blogging. Tell Ross to hush and don't change a thing! I LOVED meeting Shelby and can't wait to see her this weekend!!

Anonymous said...

Ditto...From one rambler to another, I love your blog and love feeling like I know what is going on in ya'lls lives. I guess that might be the reason that the pressure is on for me to create one of my own.
Miss ya'll lots, Kristi