Monday, June 2, 2008

Taking Steps

Well, everybody in this Johnson household is working on taking steps. I know you are a little confused at the moment so surprise, surprise I will elaborate. Ross and I took a big step, in my eyes, this weekend. Okay, so it was more me but the story goes that I have been delaying Shelby going into the church nursery. Shelby freaks out with strangers and family members too. Shelby's Great Aunt Sherry and Great Grandma Johnson got to witness this a couple of weekends ago. She cries so that it seems like she is hyperventilating at times. So I tried to weasel out of it again on Sunday and it didn't work. Ross told me I don't care what you say she is going into the nursery. Ughhh...... We checked Shelby into her class and she was the BIGGEST kid in her class. That was no shock. In fact, one of the teachers said maybe she needs to be bumped up to an older class. Shelby is already skipping grades. What can I say? We walked out of the nursery with a beeper that vibrates. When we got into church I was trying to figure out where I would put the beeper to make sure that I could feel it. Ross eventually took it from me and stuck it in his pocket. I will admit that for the first 15 minutes I had tears in my eyes. I just knew she was freaking out and wondering where we were. I hid them pretty well and I am pretty sure Ross didn't know. Church was great and the message really hit home. Basically, I need to stop obsessing over Shelby and letting her run my life. After church I wanted to take off in a full sprint to the nursery. We got back to the room and Shelby was almost asleep in a swing. When the lady picked her up she started to cry. They said she did really well. I hope this helps her people anxiety.

As for Shelby's steps she is pulling up on her own and getting more and more brave. Still no crawling. Here are some pics....


She has calf muscles, so they have to be her dad's tree trunks.





Sometimes she ends up like this but she thinks it is funny when she falls down. She just gets right back up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You and Kara!! They went to church last Sunday too. Kade was the youngest in the nursery but she is beginning to let go. I took him to her school today so she could let all her teacher friends meet him. He was a clown and never quit smiling and drooling. We are considering a helmet for Kade. When he pulls up on the furniture, he lets go and sometimes falls flat on his bald head! I expect he will be walking in a couple of months...ugh! I bet Shelby will be real soon. Rest now! How's the eating going?

Linda