Monday, March 9, 2009

18 Months

Shelby is now 1 1/2 years old. I can't believe it!!! We went to the doctor today and Ross had to go into BAE to sign some paperwork so once again Shelby and I went to the doctor without him. Oh, how I wish he would have been there. Shelby has a tremendous memory and as soon as we walked through the door at the pediatrician's office she was not happy and it went down hill from there. She totally freaked out when we tried to sit her on the scale and she screamed the whole time we were there. And by the way, there were no shots. The doctor was getting mad at me because I was having a hard time holding her down. She was crying and screaming so much she was gagging herself!!!

The only issue that Shelby is having is that she does not like milk. I have been giving her these gummy bears that are a calcium supplement and they will continue. The doctor told me today that Shelby needs eggs every morning for the protein, calcium, and fat and a multivitamin. So I guess scrambled eggs are on the menu from now on.

The nurse that did the weighing and measuring today gave me ranges for her percentiles in growth; so, here they are:

Height - 33 1/2 in. - 90-97th percentile
Weight - 23 lb. 8 oz. - 25-50th percentile

Just call her string bean.....

After the meltdown at the Drs. office we went to papa's office and answered the phones while his secretary was out. Shelby grabbed papa's coke off of his desk and drank half of it. I passed down my obsession of coca cola to Shelby that I inherited from papa. Mmmm....it's so good....

Papa, just try and take this back. Two words........Drs. office.......

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

Oh my goodness! That little face! I think Grandma needs to put her in her carry on and bring her to SD. I'm more of a DP girl, but I can buy coke! :)