Sunday, March 7, 2010

Just a Swingin.....

A couple of weeks ago, Shelby's Granny and Papa took care of Shelby for the day so that Ross and I could go to the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo BBQ cookoff with some friends. They took her to see her great grandparents on my side and while at Gigi's house (mom's mom) she discovered the swingset. Granny and Papa told us that night that she was in love with Gigi's swingset so they were going to get her one. Granny and Papa bought Shelby her swingset on Saturday and daddy put it together. The "putting together" was a disaster and most parts Ross had to do more than once. I have never seen such pathetic instructions. I called Granny and said that we decided that we would have rather paid for it and have Papa put it together :). Shelby woke up from her nap and immediately asked to go play at her "park". I said okay. Ross was about 3/4 of the way thru. Shelby went outside turned the corner and was beyond excited. She was in love! She kept asking us, "this is for me, this is Shelby's???" She couldn't believe it! Now every time she has woken up in the morning and from her nap she immediately wants to play with her "park". I was telling her that I loved her when I was tucking her in tonight and she told me that she loved me. Then she said, "and I love my park, tell Granny and Papa I love my park and tell daddy thank you for putting together, I love my park".
On a really sad side note while we were outside putting the swingset together we heard a bunch of sirens and found out that the toddler directly across the street from us drowned in their pool. If you have a pool you must get a child safety fence! So sad!!!

Now to lift your spirits back up, pictures!!!

No comments: