Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Light Came On....

Well, once again I am SO proud of little Shelby. We have been struggling for weeks to get her to eat. Occasionally should would eat bananas and maybe a sweet potato but you could not trick her into any cereal.....until tonight. I bought some rice cereal with bananas in it after seeing the Williams family post about how Kade liked this cereal. I tried it tonight expecting the usual gag and spit it out (because how many times have I mixed bananas with the rice cereal) but she ate it and ate it and ate it. I finally stopped feeding her the cereal because I really don't want her to have a stomach ache. It was amazing! Yes, I am easily impressed! Then I gave her the sippy cup. She always chews on it with an occasional suck but tonight she just started drinking away. You would have thought that Shelby had won an Oscar the way that Ross and I were praising and clapping for her, after every bite. I hope this continues!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay Go Shelby...watch out though when u get to be 21 weight actually starts to accumulate, so eat while you can!!!
Love ya,
Kris

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy! I'll get to feed her this weekend I hope!!! Love, Grandma Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Congrats! We started Kade on carrots tonight and he never even noticed it was anything different. He also likes trying to drink from our glass. For some reason, the trip to Texas made him go wild. We can't keep up with him now! Happy eating!

Linda