Monday, March 31, 2008

Lots of Randomness!

Okay, so this post is going to be lots of randomness thrown together. Where to start?



Well I am going to start with saying how proud I am of the three of us. Shelby, the little stinker, has not been sleeping well at all lately. She has been getting up every 2 to three hours and sometimes sooner than that to eat. Ross and I were at our breaking point last week and we decided we had to do something. So we asked everybody we knew and we decided to let her cry it out, but we would go in every 10 to 20 mins or so and pick her up and calm her down. We started Saturday night. The worse was getting Shelby to go to sleep. She fussed for about 40 mins. She didn't cry the whole 40 mins. mainly just yelled at us in baby talk. The third time we went in she fell asleep in Ross' arms. She slept a lot better that night and woke up at 2. I asked Ross to go in because I knew if I would go in she would throw a huge fit because she would want to eat. Ross only had to go in once and she went back to sleep until 5. This had been 8 hours since she had last eaten so I went in and fed her and put her back to bed. When she gets a little older we will let her cry it out until it is time for her to get up. Last night, it took 10 minutes for her to go to bed and she did not wake up until 4:45 (a little over 8 hours since her last feeding). I really hope this continues. I feel more rested today than I have in a very very long time!



Next, Shelby has a cow. No, not a fit a real cow. Okay, so it's a calf but you get the idea. Tradition in my dad's side of the family is that you get calves when you are born and the money from their future calves goes into savings for college. My grandpa, great-grandpa and parents did this for my sister and I when we were born. So grandpa and grandma have continued the tradition. Grandma picked out Shelby's calf and we got a picture of it. We will just call her Nameless Johnson until Shelby can name her.






Sunday afternoon we went fishing for Shelby's Great-Grandfather's birthday. Ross, of course, was in heaven. The fisherman of the day turned out to be Aunt Kristen. Here is pictures from Sunday.





Aunt Kristen and her 5 lbs 2 oz bass. The biggest of the day. Although, there was lots of bass caught.





This is how Shelby fishes.


Here is a picture of Shelby and daddy watching Baby Einstein.

Ross wanted me to take the next picture because it reminded him of someone in his family. Johnsons who does this remind you of?


4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Hey there, Lil Richard! Now you just need to start doing leg exercises, Shelby!

Ann Jud said...

I loved the last picture. I roared out loud when I saw it.

Anonymous said...

Grandma Cheryl says:I've decided Shelby is too cute for words! Yes, I have seen this position maaaany times! I can hardly wait to see her!

Carly said...

I am SO glad Shelby is doing better at night and I hope it continues! I've been praying for ya'll, so it must be working!
-Carly