Monday, May 12, 2008

Lil Bit of Everything

Okay, so I know I have not blogged in some time so I am going to throw a bunch together. Two weekends ago, Ross' parents came up to help Travis (Ross' brother) babysit his two boys while Sarah went on a girls' weekend trip. We went to Spring to see them and play.

Shelby and I have been going to the park more lately. A park right down the street has a good size lake and lots of ducks. She loves to go see the ducks and be outside. We go to the park when our house shows. The house has been showing more during the week and we have been getting good feedback from the "lookers" so we are pleased and crossing our fingers. The best time it could sell for us would be next weekend. This would give us enough time to remodel the other house before we have to move.

We went to a crawfish boil on Saturday. Some of Ross' subcontractors were putting it on and expected around 600 people. They made 1200 lbs of crawfish!!! It went pretty fast. Ross had quite a few and had some "war" stains on his shirt. I think he really enjoyed them. It was fun to hang out with the Highland crowd. The boil was from 2pm-2am but we left a little earlier than that! There were 3 bands and bouncy things for the kids. It was quite a production.

Sunday was officially my first Mother's Day. Ross got me breakfast from my favorite place to eat breakfast. Shelby got me a card about how I do not get as much sleep anymore and a pair of pearl earrings. Ross got me the matching necklace and a card about how he snores at night. Needless to say, good long sleep is a thing of the past. I feel very blessed to have the both of them!!!

Mother's Day afternoon my family worked cattle. Ross had fun chasing cows with his four wheeler. Shelby put on a pair of wrangler's bloomers and joined the festivities. We rode in the truck with her great-grandma and hung on for dear life as we chased cows!!! Ross was on a 4 wheeler, Shelby's Grandpa was on a 4 wheeler (at one point he went over the handle bars and landed on his back holding onto one of the handlebars with one hand, thankfully he is okay), Shelby's aunt and Grandma were in a truck, we were in a truck with Great-Grandma, and Great-Grandpa was in a big tractor. It was organized chaos! If you have not been around my family I'll just let you know that they are WORKAHOLICS. Weekends are more busy than the weekdays and we will have to celebrate mother's day with grandma during the week. Mother's day ended last night at almost 11 for us with an explosive diaper!!! Happy Belated Mother's Day!!!

I know what you really want to hear is about what Shelby has been doing lately. Well, she is trying to pull up on everything. It frightens me to say the least! She is not into crawling. She just does not like to be on her tummy. We still battle everyday to try and get her to eat. She has been doing a little better lately. But she still does not finish a jar of baby food. I have finally resorted to blowing on her face, which makes her open her mouth, and shoving the food in! She seems to be doing better with strangers, but still has her moments, especially if Uncle Travis is around (sorry Travis I can't control her).

Here is a few pictures.

Grandma Johnson and 3 of her 5 grandkids.


Grandma Johnson pushing the "cousinmobile" with Cooper and Shelby taking a ride.

The "thinker" and the "ham".





Shelby enjoying Cooper's swing.





I don't think this is cute at all mom.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm still laughing at the picture of Shelby and Cooper! Your caption was great!!! Kim, I think you have a new career writing captions on pictures. I Love my Grandbabies sooooooo much!!!! Kisses & Hugs!!! Love, Grandma Cheryl