Monday, September 8, 2008

The Birthday Girls!

Yes, Shelby and I are a whole year older. Thanks to everyone for the calls, cards, presents, and text messages. We really appreciate them!

My birthday was Saturday followed by Shelby's on Sunday. It was a pretty relaxed weekend. Ross and my father went to Sonora to help my grandfather put in a septic tank so they would be ready for deer season. Of course, Ross and my dad did not pick the weekend. Grandma stayed with us at night (my sleep walking gets a little crazy when Ross is gone) and most of the weekend.

Some things I would like to remember about Shelby at a year old.

1) Expressions - she has a million of them and flashes them all day long. They each have a meaning. There is....I just heard the puppy next door bark, I tooted, I'm surprised, you just told me daddy is on his way home, I'm mad at you, you told me no, basically she cracks us up all the time.

2) She LOVES to dance. If you have some good dancing music on, Shelby is shaking something. On Saturday we were alone and I was feeling kind of down that we were by ourselves for our birthday so I turned the radio on loud and Shelby and I danced in the living room (thank goodness for mini blinds). About every three days Shelby does her crazy dancing. She runs around and dances at the same time. She stops to laugh and then you laugh and she starts up again. She goes CRAZY to the point that she will fall down and she will start shaking on her hands and knees. It is a riot and Grandma and Grandpa Johnson got to witness this the last time they were here. I think they were a little surprised!!!

4) She loves her baby doll that she picked out for her birthday. She carries it around and hugs and kisses it and wants you to do the same.

5)She does not like the church nursery. We have been told by so many people that they have never heard Shelby cry. Feel free to come to church with us Sunday morning and you will witness the crying wrath of Shelby. Taking Shelby to the nursery is probably the most stressful thing I have ever done.

6) She is running all over the house and getting into everything. She loves to climb and stand on top of things. She must have her dad's balance.

7) She understands "bye, bye" and waves and blows kisses. She understands tickling and loves to tickle her daddy.

I'm sure there is more that I should add to this list. But this is a good start. I will upload pictures of Shelby's 2nd round of birthday cake shortly.

No comments: