Friday, September 26, 2008

It's Been Interesting Around Here

It has been some time since I last posted but it has been a blur the last couple of weeks. Since the hurricane Shelby has had a bad cold, she is teething (getting her top two teeth), and has a bad case of poison ivy. I've wanted to jump head first off the roof to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took Shelby to the doctor with her poison ivy and they gave me two prescriptions for ointments to put on it. I dropped it off at the pharmacy along with my insurance info and before I had even gotten home they gave me a call to let me know that it was going to be $420....WHAT???....I can't believe I didn't get in a wreck!!! Luckily that was before insurance and it turned out to be $230.....oh what a relief (sarcastic of course). Whatever is in the stuff, I'm assuming crushed up diamonds, has done the trick. It is much better. We don't know where she got it and for the most part it was just on one arm. She is back to her happy smiley self and mommy is feeling less like she wants to walk the plank (that was for you Cade).

Shelby has learned a couple of new things. She has learned how to wipe her own nose. I guess the positive side to having a cold. She has learned where her nose is, of course.

Shelby did go to her first bar. Okay, it is also a restaurant. We went with her grandparents and Aunt Kristen to the Thirsty Parrot. As you can tell from the name it is a really classy place. I promise it has good food. They have a jukebox that plays all the time and they have bands at night. Shelby got in the middle of the dance floor and danced to the jukebox for everyone. She is quite entertaining!!! Some man told Ross that he is going to have his hands full. Uhhhohhh.....

Ross has been super busy at work. He has been putting in 12 and 13 hour days. Cinco Ranch keeps selling like crazy, thank goodness!!!! He comes home exhausted but Shelby makes all the difference......

I have finished my 5 real estate classes and mailed everything into the state today. I have to wait for them to review everything before I can go take my test and have my fingerprints taken and run thru the FBI......oh no, they are going to find out about this one time at band camp, hahaha I crack myself up. If you didn't get that, don't bother, it really was not that funny. I'm just easily amused.

I promise I will take and post some pictures of Shelby soon....she is getting so big and smart.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can Shelby please teach Kade to wipe his nose? I can't imagine poison ivy! Bless your heart! Tell Ross he can come finish my house when he catches up!

Linda