Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Let's Eat Cake

We had a princess party this weekend and no it was not for Ross' birthday.....little Miss Shelby is turning one on the 7th. The theme was little princess and in true diva spirit Shelby decided to take a nap 10 minutes before the party started. When she woke up her house was full of family and friends and she had a BLAST!!! We had lots of food and good weather so I would say the party was a success! We really appreciate everyone that came and celebrated and those that celebrated from afar. Shelby received many fun toys, cute clothes, and money that we are putting away for college. To say the least she is well loved and maybe a little spoiled??? I have to say thank you to my parents, Ross' parents, and Ashley Niesner for all of the help getting the party together.

The part that we were looking forward to was the infamous eating of the birthday cake. She was not quite sure at first but then she was double fisting it - eating icing from one hand and then cake from the other. Or was that me??? No that was Shelby. Ross has video so I will try and talk him into putting it onto the blog. I hope you enjoy the pictures!



I'm really a princess.


Grandma Johnson and the birthday girl.


Grandma Leyendecker and the birthday girl.




I love my balloon!!!


It's my party and I'll scowl if I want to!!


I think I've got this down.


Daddy showing me the Disney princess legos he bought me. Daddy builds, I tear down.


Shelby and her first kisses dolly that she picked out. I took Shelby to Babies R Us to try and find something for her birthday when she made a sound and stuck out her arm to get this doll. I gave her the doll and she kissed it on the forehead. I pushed the doll's tummy and it started to speak Spanish. I did find the English version and she was very happy to see it again at her party. Shelby is like her mama and daddy and likes to pick out her own birthday presents.


The cake I made Shelby. Okay, so the cake Sam's made Shelby. All the Disney princesses....Bailey, I hope we made you proud.


This stuff is good. Mama told me it would be good but I didn't believe her.


Mmmmm.....cake.


Weight watchers here I come!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
I love the commentary. I'm sorry that we missed the party. Happy Birthday Shelby. You attack that cake like a true Johnson.
Aunt Ann

Kelsey said...

Too cute! I'm so sad i missed it. Looks like it was a blast!

Anonymous said...

Happy 1st birthday, Shelby! The cake must have been really good! What a character! If I ever get back to Texas for a visit, you have to wake her! Ha!

Linda Williams

Anonymous said...

I'm laughing out loud at the pictures and the Weight Watchers comment!! The party looked like so much fun...can't wait to get our two princesses together again! Dang, I can't believe how much older she looks! Miss ya'll!
Love, Aunt Kristi