Monday, September 10, 2007


Shelby and Kim were released from the hospital yesterday at about 5 pm. Grandma Leyendecker will be staying with us most of this week and was an absolute lifesaver last night. She took the first watch and obviously the most fun-filled. I was informed about two o clock this morning that Shelby had some pretty nasty gas which in turn led to some irritability to say it nicely. She did finally get past all the gas and settled down. My shift was rather uneventful, but it was good just to hold my little girl. She is such a doll. We are truly blessed. I did get her to sleep in her crib for a couple of hours between feedings with the help of her trusty Aggie pacifier. I will probably be going back to work on Wednesday and am not looking forward to leaving her at home. Shelby did have a little jandice on her face so we sunbathed her today as you'll see in the pictures; when she was outside she was just as calm as can be. Kim said that was the Johnson blood coming out in her; we do love to lay out. Anyway here are some more pictures and I am the first one to brave the video in the circle I know. If it works there will be more to come; especially when she gets her personality.

Thanks for all the support we've been getting; it's been great. Keep us in your prayers.

P.S. I feel like I'm back in the Corps; five hours of sleep and I feel lucky to have gotten that.


Grandma Johnson and her famous baby talk. Watch for the smiles.


Daddy's little girl


Aunt Kristen had to stop by before going back to college




Grandma sunbathing Shelby



Tanning with the forementioned paci



Shelby's first bath at home (I had to pull off a stuck bandaid and Shelby and I didn't like it one bit)

Close up of my cutie

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shelby is toooooo cute!

I'll try to get by today after I get out of this office.

Great video!

Great Aunt Sherry

Anonymous said...

She is absolutely wonderful!!!
Wish I was going to be in Texas soon but I'm needed here "just in case". She is going to be so much fun! Even at 2 a.m. Kim, I hope you're doing well. You need to send Kara some "how to" advice! Ha! The video was great...the smiles were beautiful!

Linda

Kelsey said...

Loving the video! Keep em coming. She is just an absolute doll!! She looks so much older than a few days. She's beautiful!

Fleming Family said...

Congratulations Ross and Kim! Shelby is sure a keeper! Ross, I'm so proud of your pictures and blogging. What a gread dad you already are for your sweet little girl.

Dana

Anonymous said...

Ross & Kim
Uncle Lynn and I can't wait to love on Shelby. She is precious. I do think she looks just like her mom. We are loving the pictures and the video made me smile---so Cheryl!!
We love you guys!
Uncle Lynn and Aunt Tami

The Thomas Family said...

She is perfection! I love the video. Congratulations y'all!!! Thank you for sharing her with us. We look forward to meeting her. . .