Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Shelby's First Doctor Visit and More Pictures

Mom finally gets a chance to blog - Shelby had her first doctor's visit today. Her doctor is the same doctor I had as a child. She slept on her way to the doctor and the only time she got upset is when she had to be stripped naked to be weighed in such a cold room. As soon as we stripped her she wet the scale. The nurse had a little discussion with her about how only little boys are supposed to do that. The slight jaundice that she had in her face is gone. She is back to her birth weight of 8 lbs. 12 ozs., which puts her in the 75th percentile for weight and she measured 22 inches in length (90th percentile). I find it hard to believe that she has grown 2 inches in 4 days but the nurse said when they are born they can not stretch them out fully. Looks like she is going to be tall!! Aunt Kristen and I will have to get together and start discussing how we are going to train her for her future volleyball career.
Everyone is doing well. My mother being here has been a HUGE help. Grandma Johnson is going to come and stay next week and I am not sure how I am going to function when the grandmas are gone. Ross is an absolute natural, so much so that he intimidates me!!! He should be the one staying at home with Shelby. He goes back to work tomorrow and even though he enjoys his job he is not looking forward to leaving Shelby.


Shelby is all packed in her car seat to go to the doctor.


Dad dressing me at the doctor's office.



Grandpa Leyendecker has been eating lunch at Shelby's house and he checks on her on his way home from work.



Great Aunt Sherry came by after work to check up on me. Poor Shelby does not get enough attention.



Mom had to have a picture with Shelby. Shelby seems to love her mom even without makeup!

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

You're looking good, Kim! I knew Ross would be a natural, but I know you're doing great, too! Shelby is the perfect mix of her Mom and Dad. She's an angel!

Anonymous said...

Grandma Cheryl says Shelby is toooo cute!!! I can hardly wait for my turn!! Love, and lots of kisses!!! Grandma Cheryl