Tuesday, November 13, 2007

First Blood

I have drawn my first blood for the 2007-08 hunting season.

I am lucky that Kim's grandfather is as big of a hunter as I am and her dad doesn't mind me tagging along when they go hunting. We left at noon on Friday to go to Sonora where Papa Crockett has a ranch that has whitetail, Texas dall sheep, and turkey. We had a blast getting out in the boonies and having our hunting camp conversations. On Sunday morning before we left, I tagged this old ram that decided to eat the wrong corn at the wrong time. I have told a few people I would post pictures for people to see. For those of you that don't care for this stuff, suck it up, because it is hunting season and there WILL be more to come.

By the way Shelby and Kim are doing great; she really is "Growing like a weed".



Right after the harvest


Close up of the horns



This is the buck I saw at Columbus the weekend before deer season opened, I haven't decided whether or not it will live if it comes out again.

2 comments:

Kelsey said...

Nice kill! I want to be in Texas killing something too. My snake will do for now.
Charlie

Travis said...

Sweet! His face looks like a cow.