Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Pictures and the Girl's Side of the Story

You have already hear Ross' version of Thanksgiving and Shelby and I did not get to go and play in the snow over Thanksgiving or so we thought. I will get to that later. Thanksgiving was good and of course we all ate ourselves sick. Shelby had a small melt down right before lunch on Thanksgiving. I think it was a combination of having to ride in the car seat, being tired, being passed around, but most of all she scratched herself. We had to call grandma in to get her to calm down and go to sleep. Once she took a nap she was back to her old self and was quite social. She sat on a bunch of laps but spent most of her time on her Great Aunt Diana's lap. Aunt Diana eventually shared with everyone else :). Friday the boys left at 5:30 am and the girls were on their own. We went that afternoon to have Shelby's picture taken and she did not flash any of her famous smiles but we think we got a good picture just the same. Picture to come later. Grandma stayed with us most of the weekend since momma has her strange sleeping issues (sleeping walking, etc.). We had lots of fun and we were glad we were not freezing in West Texas. When we put Shelby to bed now we just put her in and she pops in the thumb and is asleep in ten minutes. Well Saturday night she kept talking and talking and grandma and I kind of looked puzzled at each other. I said I can tell she is getting frustrated she must not be tired. I went to get Shelby and discovered the problem. Her sleeve was covering her hand. I pulled her sleeve down and she popped in her thumb and was out. Daddy came home Sunday night at 11 so he did not get to see Shelby until Monday night. Monday night grandpa came by to drop off dad's four wheeler and momma was eating dinner. Dad came in with his hand behind his back and to mom's surprise she got a snow ball smashed on her head. Grandpa and Daddy had put snow in one of the coolers to weigh it down. There was snow on the table, floor and on my plate.

We did get to see Ross' grandparents, his aunt Sherry, cousin Emily, and her son Marty. Aunt Sherry sent me some pictures and I tried to post them but they turned out so small you could not see who was in the picture. Shelby was asleep when we got to aunt Sherry's house. We layed Shelby on the floor next to Marty and he patted her leg and woke her up. We set Shelby and Marty in front of each other and Shelby smiled from ear to ear at him. She likes her cousin Marty. Below are some pictures from this weekend.





My cousin Ashley holding Shelby.

There is a story behind this picture. It looks like Shelby is loving on her doll. That is what I thought too. She was talking really loud and her "talking" got more on more frustrated. I took the doll away and her thumb went immediately in her mouth. She was frustrated that the doll was keeping her thumb out of her mouth.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can hardly wait for Port Lavaca to see my little girl, and her mom and dad! Kisses to Shelby!