Thursday, January 24, 2008

The Weekend!!

Well, I have been bad about blogging. I have not quite been myself since the weekend. Which basically means I'm EXHAUSTED!!!!! Shelby's grandparents came on Friday to stay with us before we left for the wedding on Saturday. When they first got here Shelby gave them "the lip". I need to get a picture of this, although, it will break your heart! She did warm up to them and they had fun playing together. Saturday morning they left for Spring to see Shelby's cousins Tyler and Cooper. Saturday Ross had to run to Walmart to get Shelby some tights as it was supposed to be freezing in Dallas for the wedding. I gave Shelby a bath and then started my bath water. The metal shower curtain rod and the shower curtain came crashing down on me and as it bonked me on the head all I could think is Ross is going to find me dead when he gets back. Death by shower curtain rod. Luckily, I'm hard headed and I just have a knot.

We got off to Dallas and the car ride went great. Well, we have a little confusion to make. Friday night Ross bought a portable DVD player that hooks onto the seat and some baby einstein DVDs. Shelby is too young to watch TV but for a 5 hour car ride we made an exception. I guess we are bad parents. She loved the baby sign language video and we did too! When we got into the hotel in Dallas we were immediately greeted by our friend J.C. (the groom) and his family. We opened the visor on Shelby's carrier and there was J.C. Shelby started to cry. J.C. said that was the usual response from women!
Ross forgot his belt so he made a quick trip to Walmart where he was hit on while checking out. I can't tell you exactly what she said but the g-rated version is that he is a cute white boy. Shelby and I thought the story was pretty funny!
We got to see most of Ross' buddies from his corps of cadets outfit and their wives. It was good to see them! Shelby did not want to be passed around at the reception so Ross and I were busy trying to entertain her. All and all it was a good weekend, tiring, but good. I'm supposed to be getting pictures from our friend Laurie. I will post them when I get them.

Shelby talking to her grandpa.

Grandma and Shelby.

The only picture I had time to take in Dallas. Ross was very excited that instead of the king bed we got a room with two doubles. Everyone had their own beds but Shelby still got to cuddle with her daddy before getting dressed for the wedding.

1 comment:

Travis said...

1 nigai, 2 nilgai, 3 nilgai, look at those nilgai! Da, duh da ,duh da ,duh da duh da duh da duh.

Only Ross will be able to appreciate this post from our King Ranch trip