Monday, March 10, 2008

6 Months!

Shelby was 6 months on Friday. It is really hard for me to believe. When Grandma Leyendecker and I were talking about it she put it all into perspective by saying....it has been the hardest 6 months of your life, hasn't it.... Grandma is 100% right, but of course it has, at the same time, been the most wonderful 6 months. Shelby is getting such a little personality. She is SO happy; which, is wonderful for everyone around her to witness. She LOVES her daddy. She thinks he is the funniest! And she has started to put her arms out for me to get her. Sometimes she just wants her momma. This makes daddy feel like chop liver but that will change. She is still wary of people she does not know and gives them "the lip". Shelby still likes to be naked and take her baths. She just lounges in her bath tub! She sits up and plays with her toys. She gets bored very easily, like her momma.

We went to the doctor today and Shelby was 27 3/4 inches (97th percentile) and 17 lbs. 12 ozs. (75th percentile). The nurse was writing information in her chart and asked what she eats. I told her just milk and she looked at me like I was crazy. She still refuses solids. She took bites just that one night that we got pictures but I don't think she swallowed any of it. The doctor told me to keep trying to feed her but not to be concerned because she won't need the added nutrients for 2-3 more months.
Saturday the Leyendecker/Johnson women hung out and did what we hate to do most....went shopping. I had to get some shoes for a wedding. People often ask my father how did he end up so lucky to have the women in his life dread shopping with a passion. I have a couple of theories and maybe one day I will share them. The guys went hog hunting and sounds like they had a good time.



Shelby and Grandma Leyendecker. As you can see Shelby does not have any toys.

Shelby and Aunt Kristen. Aunt Kristen got her stitches out and the plastic surgeon did an amazing job.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shelby is going to be TALL! Kade went for his 4 mo. check up. He's 16lbs. 8oz. but he is only 25 in. long. Think he is going to take after his Grammy?! Told Kara we might have to pick a sport other than basketball! Kristen looks great...so does Grandma "L"! See ya'll soon!
Linda