Wednesday, February 27, 2008

And it continues....

Shelby continues to throw up every night somewhere between 2-5am. The night before last she threw up at 9:30 in her bed. Every other time she is coughing and choking so one of us will go get her and she throws up on us. Since she did this in her bed and she was not coughing before hand it really freaked us out. So...I took her to the doctor yesterday morning. Everytime I would call the doctor's office they would tell me that there is nothing they can do at her age. The doctor did confirm she has allergies. He said that they are rare at her age. Unfortunately, in my family they are not. And he said that most likely she is allergic to tree pollen. He did say we can give her benadryl, but at her age it does not always work. We started the dosage yesterday and it basically put her in a drug induced coma and she still vomited this morning at 2:30. I am going to cut the dosage in half today so she is not so lethargic but give her a full dosage before bed. If the benadryl works the doctor said I will have to tweak the dosage to figure out the least amount that will take care of her symptoms and continue it for the rest of the Spring.

Ross took off yesterday afternoon and sent me to get one of my massages that he bought me for Christmas. The lady started working on my back and said I had a layer of muscle spasms and two layers of knots. She said my back was in terrible shape. In an hour she did not make it to any other part of my body. When I got home Ross went out and bought two hepa filtration systems, one for Shelby's room and one for the living room. One of the guys he works with said they really help his allergies. We changed out the air conditioner filters and called to price having our air ducts cleaned out. Turns out this is extremely reasonable and after they clean out the ducts they spray an antimicrobial solution throughout the whole system and on all the vents. And I am scrubbing down the house to get rid of all the dust. It might take me a couple of months :). Anyways, I hope the benadryl starts to help Shelby. It does not feel good to cough up your lungs every night.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry! Like teething, etc. isn't enough! I'll be there soon and we'll get a margarita! Maybe two!

Linda