Monday, February 18, 2008

Rambling...

Sorry that we have not put up the video of Shelby eating but it has been a little crazy around here. Friday morning I woke up sick. My body has never ached so bad in all of my life and I was very congested. Everytime I would pick Shelby up she felt 100 lbs. Grandma and Grandpa Leyendecker brought me lunch and entertained Shelby while I ate, which was much appreciated...but they had to get back to work as they had spent the morning at a funeral. Ross came home from work an hour early and I have never been so happy to see him. I handed off Shelby and collapsed to the couch! Sunday morning I felt much better. The last couple of days Shelby has been very congested. I guess I shared with her what I had. Her doctor's office said to be very aggressive with suctioning her nose. That is a battle and little Shelby is SO strong. I can't say I always win. I have been greasing up her chest with baby vicks and I have to admit when Ross wasn't looking I put some on my chest too! Hopefully Shelby will be feeling better soon. Once she is up for a little while and her sinuses clear she is all smiles and you would never know she has congestion. I have to say thanks to Ross because he spent his weekend taking care of both of us and did a fabulous job as always! Shelby and I are very lucky to have him.

Shelby now sits in her high chair to eat. Or should I say to spit out her food. Actually, she is doing better but she still has not figured out eating. She has learn a new trick from eating rice cereal. She sticks out her tongue and makes the spitting sound. She got this down spitting out the cereal. If you do it she laughs and then she does it. We will have to get video of it. It's pretty funny because the slobber goes everywhere.


Trying it out for the first time. I think she likes it!


Playing with the toy that Uncle Dale's family got her for Christmas. It attaches to the high chair and she loves to play with it.

Since I was feeling better on Sunday we went and looked at Ross' model home that he built. It is finished and they are in the process of decorating it and should be thru Thursday. I would have taken pictures to post except there was furniture, paintings, etc. everywhere. I will wait till it is decorated to post some pictures. It is a very beautiful 3450 sq. ft. home in Cinco Ranch. It took Ross between 6 and 7 weeks and he would have had it finished sooner except the flooring company ran out of the wood that was picked out for the floors and they had to wait on the manufacture to make more.

1 comment:

Kelsey said...

I cannot believe she is already sitting in a highchair and eating cereal. I'm looking forward to the video. Sounds entertaining! :) I'm also excited to see pictures of Ross' model home.