Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!

It has been an eventful week here at the Johnson household. Shelby started rice cereal this weekend. Our doctor told us to wait until 6 months but we did not listen. Shelby started sticking her bottom lip out and crying when she would see someone eat. I felt like I was eating infront of a starving orphan and I could not handle it anymore. I would hide from her to eat. I felt like I had some sort of eating disorder! She has not quite got the whole eating thing down but she is working on it. We have video of her first feeding. I will have Ross download it tonight and put it up.

Well, that was Sunday and then Monday Shelby woke up with a fever. All I could think was please don't let it be RSV again. Nope, she's teething. The little tooth has broken thru the gums and it is working its way out. It is one of her top middle teeth. It has been very painful for Shelby. Shelby woke up crying this morning at 1am and was pretty upset. We gave her some tylenol, oragel and cold pacis to chew on. I stayed up with her until 2am. She wanted to be held. I eventually got her to sit on the floor with me and play. Once the tylenol kicked in she was ready to eat and go to bed. She is all smiles this morning and trying to break her jumperoo!!!!

Thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson for the valentines. Shelby is so spoiled rotten! Her daddy went to babies r us and bought her a baby einstein video and a new toy. Then he went next door to Best Buy and finished off his Christmas money buying Shelby Disney movies for her to watch in the future. I bought Shelby Cinderella. Shelby has quite the DVD collection and she is not even allowed to watch TV.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Teeth! That's always a pleasant experience. The top ones are usually worse than the bottom but the bottoms usually come in first. Maybe the worse is behind you. Can't wait to see the feeding video!

Linda

Nicole Hoff said...

Aww poor Shelby! I remember those LONG nights with my boys. Hylands teething tablets, you can find them at walmart or a healthfood store, are amazing and all-natural. They saved the day many times! God bless, Nicole